When the 2019 NFL Draft kicks off on Thursday, a handful of Longhorns will find out the locations of their future homes.
There is no shortage of Longhorns who have their eyes on a career in the NFL. Last month, Texas had 18 players workout at its pro timing day. UT also had five representatives at the NFL’s annual combine.
It is anyone’s guess where players like Charles Omenihu and Kris Boyd will end up. Fortunately, there are a lot of guesses out there. Here is a round-up of where some analysts are placing the Longhorns in their mock drafts.
NFL.COM’S CHAD REUTER (APRIL 19)
Nine years ago, Cincinnati took both Jordan Shipley and Roddrick Muckelroy. That marks the last time that one team selected two Longhorns in the same draft. In his mock draft, Chad Reuter sees the Minnesota Vikings going against that trend.
- DL Charles Omenihu: Minnesota Vikings (third round, 81st overall pick)
- CB Kris Boyd: Buffalo Bills (fifth round, 147th overall pick)
- OL Calvin Anderson: Minnesota Vikings (seventh round, 250th overall pick)
CBS SPORTS’ R.J. WHITE (APRIL 21)
UT’s streak of not having a first-round pick is expected to reach four years. White, though, is among the few forecasters who doesn’t see the first two rounds not featuring a Longhorn.
- DE Charles Omenihu: Miami Dolphins (second round, 55th overall pick)
- CB Kris Boyd: Los Angeles Chargers (fourth round, 130th overall pick)
- LB Gary Johnson: Oakland Raiders (fifth round, 168th overall pick)
- WR Lil’Jordan Humphrey: Green Bay (seventh round, 226th overall pick)
NFL SPIN ZONE’S RANDY GURZI (APRIL 22)
In his final mock draft, Randy Gurzi has DBU opening a satellite campus in Charlotte. If Gurzi gets his Longhorn-related picks right, circle Oct. 6 on your calendars since the Panthers are set to host the Jaguars.
- CB Kris Boyd: Carolina Panthers (third round, 77th overall pick)
- DE Charles Omenihu: Dallas Cowboys (third round, 90th overall pick)
- WR Lil’Jordan Humphrey: Jacksonville Jaguars (fourth round, 109th overall pick)
- LB Gary Johnson: Washington Redskins (fifth round, 173rd overall pick)
WALTERFOOTBALL.COM’s CHARLIE CAMPBELL (APRIL 22)
Draft prognosticator Charlie Campbell seems the highest on the recruits raised on the 40 Acres. The last time that UT had five prospects taken in the NFL Draft? 2015 (Brown, Hicks, Thompson, Diggs, Swaim).
- DE Charles Omenihu: Indianapolis Colts (fourth round, 129th overall pick)
- CB Kris Boyd: Washington Redskins (fifth round, 153rd overall pick)
- OL Calvin Anderson: Minnesota Vikings (sixth round, 209th overall pick)
- WR Lil’Jordan Humphrey: Buffalo Bills (seventh round, 228th overall pick)
- TE Andrew Beck: Minnesota Vikings (seventh round, 247th overall pick)
News on Bevo Beat is free and unlimited. Access to the rest of Hookem.com is included with an Austin American-Statesman subscription in addition to Statesman.com and the ePaper edition. Subscribe today at statesman.com/subscribe.