This year, some Longhorns will spend their summer breaks in places like Minnesota and Massachusetts.
Thirteen members of Texas’ baseball team will play in summer collegiate wood bat leagues, the school revealed on Monday. Five of the Longhorns will compete in the Cape Cod League, which scheduled its opening day for June 10. Outfielder Eric Kennedy (California League) and infielder Lance Ford (Northwoods League) are already making some noise this summer.
UT will also have representatives in the California Collegiate League and the Valley League. Here are the summer assignments for the Longhorns:
CAPE COD LEAGUE
- RHP Kamron Fields (Orleans Firebirds)
- RHP Ty Madden (Chatham Anglers)
- RHP Kolby Kubicheck (Chatham Anglers)
- RHP Coy Cobb (Wareham Gatemen)
- RHP Bryce Elder (Wareham Gatemen)
- RHP Mason Bryant (Duluth Huskies)
- INF Lance Ford (Duluth Huskies)
- RHP Owen Meaney (Duluth Huskies)
- OF Eric Kennedy (Santa Barbara Foresters)
- RHP Cole Quintanilla (Santa Barbara Foreseters)
CAL RIPKEN COLLEGIATE LEAGUE
- LHP Thomas Burbank (Gaithersburg Giants)
- C Caston Peter (Harrisonburg Turks)
- INF Bryson Smith (Harrisonburg Turks)
News on Bevo Beat is free and unlimited. Access to the rest of Hookem.com is included with an Austin American-Statesman subscription in addition to Statesman.com and the ePaper edition. Subscribe today at statesman.com/subscribe.