When Texas opens its fall football camp on Friday, several of the team’s returnees will be sporting a new look on the practice fields.
According to the team’s updated roster, seven Longhorns have switched their jersey numbers. Texas recently shared photos of some of the old players’ new jerseys.
— Texas Football (@TexasFootball) August 1, 2020
Here is a list of the Longhorns’ jersey switches:
- WR Jordan Whittington: No. 4 (formerly No. 21)
- WR Joshua Moore: No. 6 (formerly No. 14)
- WR Jake Smith: No. 7 (formerly No. 16)
- DB Josh Thompson: No. 9 (formerly No. 29)
- WR Al’Vonte Woodard: No. 9 (formerly No. 83)
- TE Malcolm Epps: No. 19 (formerly No. 85)
- OL Isaiah Hookfin: No. 73 (formerly No. 65)
News on Bevo Beat is free and unlimited. Access to the rest of Hookem.com is included with an Austin American-Statesman subscription in addition to Statesman.com and the ePaper edition. Subscribe today at statesman.com/subscribe.