Bevo XIV will be recognized in a variety of ways at the Texas-Kansas State game on Saturday.
A moment of silence will be observed before kickoff, and the late mascot will be recognized as an honorary letterwinner, according to UT Athletics. Halftime will also feature a tribute to Bevo.
Bevo XIV, who had served as the Longhorns’ mascot since 2004, died last week, not long after being diagnosed with bovine leukemia virus. A search for Bevo XV is under way.
RELATED – BEVO XIV:
- Reader photos: Remembering Bevo XIV
- Video: 14 facts about Bevo XIV
- Photos: Bevo XIV through the years
- Farewell, Bevo XIV: Reaction to the retirement news
- From the Statesman archives: Hauling horn to California
News on Bevo Beat is free and unlimited. Access to the rest of Hookem.com is included with an Austin American-Statesman subscription in addition to Statesman.com and the ePaper edition. Subscribe today at statesman.com/subscribe.