The Texas defense made high-powered Iowa State attack look feeble Thursday night in a 17-7 win over Iowa State at Jack Trice Stadium in Ames, Iowa.
The Longhorns offense also struggled to get things going at times despite sophomore quarterback Shane Buechele back healthy and starting over freshman Sam Ehlinger. We put out the call for opinions on our Facebook page after the game, and as you can imagine Longhorns fans had plenty of them.
Here are just a few of the most popular comments, some of which have been edited for clarity.
- Brandon Cowan: Defense wins championships. I like the direction this team is headed. Still a long way to go though, but the future looks bright.
- Jason Russo: Defense looked good again but the offense still has work to do. Tom Herman said Buechele would be on a short leash tonight but I guess that wasn’t true. Still think Sam (Ehlinger) should’ve been in there. Win is a win.
- Michael Liam Goggin: Offense was really shaky. Only four games in, but that DC has turned our defense into a pretty formidable squad. Lots of upside. Fix the offense and we will be ranked all of next season.
- Andrew de la Peña: Wasn’t exactly a hammering . I am happy for a win but we need to play a hell of a lot better than that against the teams the next couple of weeks.
- Joseph Gentry: Sam Ehlinger needs to be the starting QB. Shane Buechele is shell shocked and looked scared and timid, I need to see more passion and enthusiasm. Buechele looks mundane.
- Justin Hundley: This game made me realize that I was wrong, and Sam (Ehlinger) should start over Shane (Buechele). And (offensive coordinator) Tim Beck needs to go already.
The post Texas fans ‘Sound Off’ on defense, quarterback performance following 17-7 win over Iowa State appeared first on Hook ‘Em.
News on Bevo Beat is free and unlimited. Access to the rest of Hookem.com is included with an Austin American-Statesman subscription in addition to Statesman.com and the ePaper edition. Subscribe today at statesman.com/subscribe.