So it’s the middle of the summer and it’s too late to talk about spring football and too early to talk about summer camp and too annoying to start breaking down the Texas- Notre Dame matchup in September.
But don’t worry. We found our football summer fix.
The Texas 7-on-7 state championships will be held July 7-9 in College Station and the tournament should include many future and could-be future Texas Longhorns. Let’s take a quick look at the whose who of Texas recruiting that will be competing. All have offers from or are being recruited by Texas, players already committed to Texas are in bold:
- Anthony Hines, linebacker, Plano East High school
- Damion Miller, wide receiver, Tyler John Tyler High School
- Levi Jones, linebacker, Westlake High School
- Jalen Reagor, wide receiver, Waxahachie High School (Committed to University of Oklahoma)
- CeeDee Lamb, wide receiver, Richmond Foster High School
- KD Nixon, wide receiver, Desoto High School
- Shawn Robinson, quarterback, Desoto High School (committed to TCU)
- Kaegun Williams, athlete, Cedar Hill High school
- Camron Buckley, wide receiver, Cedar Hill High School
- Hezekiah Jones, wide receiver, Stafford High school
- Omar Manning, wide receiver, Lancaster High School
- Derrick Tucker, safety, Manvel High School (committed to Texas A&M)
- Robert Barnes, safety, Southlake Carroll High School (committed to University of Oklahoma)
The State 7-on-7 Tournament is being held at Veteran Park and Athletic Complex in College Station from July 7-9. Click here for more information.
News on Bevo Beat is free and unlimited. Access to the rest of Hookem.com is included with an Austin American-Statesman subscription in addition to Statesman.com and the ePaper edition. Subscribe today at statesman.com/subscribe.