With the NFL Draft set to kickoff on April 23, a quartet of Longhorns have been scheduled for a job interview.
On Friday, the NFL revealed the names of the 337 players it had invited to its annual scouting combine. Receivers Devin Duvernay and Collin Johnson, safety Brandon Jones and defensive lineman Malcolm Roach will represent Texas at the event. UT coach Tom Herman had previously announced that invitations had been extended to Duvernay, Johnson and Jones.
Led by quarterback Joe Burrow, the presumed top pick in the NFL Draft, LSU had 16 players invited to the combine. Among Big 12 schools, TCU received a conference-high seven invitations:
- TCU: 7 (RB Jet Anderson, DL Ross Blacklock, CB Jeff Gladney, OL Cordel Iwuagwu, OL Lucas Niang, RB Sewo Olonilua, WR Jalen Reagor)
- Baylor: 6 (CB Grayland Arnold, RB JaMycal Hasty, LB Clay Johnston, DL James Lynch, S Chris Miller, WR Denzel Mims)
- Oklahoma: 4 (DL Neville Gallimore, QB Jalen Hurts, WR CeeDee Lamb, LB Kenneth Murray)
- Texas: 4 (WR Devin Duvernay, WR Collin Johnson, S Brandon Jones, DL Malcolm Roach)
- Texas Tech: 3 (LB Jordan Brooks, OL Terence Steele, DL Broderick Washington)
- Kansas: 2 (OL Hakeem Adeniji, LB Azur Kamara)
- Iowa State: 1 (LS Steven Wirtel)
- Oklahoma State: 1 (CB A.J. Green)
- West Virginia: 1 (OL Colton McKivitz)
- Kansas State: 0
The Indianapolis-hosted combine will run from Feb. 27 to March 1. Duvernay and Johnson will workout on Feb. 27. Roach will go on Feb. 29 before Jones steps into the spotlight a day later.
News on Bevo Beat is free and unlimited. Access to the rest of Hookem.com is included with an Austin American-Statesman subscription in addition to Statesman.com and the ePaper edition. Subscribe today at statesman.com/subscribe.