Who is the top Texas-produced talent in the NFL? According to the newest edition of the Madden video game series, the answer is Earl Thomas.
The player ratings for Madden NFL 20 were released earlier this week. The highest-rated Longhorn was Thomas, who earned a 95 rating (on a scale of 100). Thomas missed 12 games last season with a leg injury and moved from Seattle to Baltimore in the offseason, but his credentials were enough to make him the highest-rated free safety and ninth-best defender. In nine NFL seasons, Thomas has accumulated 28 interceptions, 11 forced fumbles and six invitations to the Pro Bowl.
Ex-UT standouts Justin Tucker and Michael Dickson have also received notable ratings. No kicker was rated better than Tucker, who has made 237 field goals in his seven years with the Baltimore Ravens. One year after making his NFL debut, Dickson was dubbed the fifth-best punter.
Below is a list of how the former Longhorns have been ranked in Madden NFL 20, which will be made available to the public on Aug. 2. The game will have a feature that allows users to follow a quarterback from the college playoffs to the NFL. Three of the ten colleges in the game are Texas, Oklahoma and Texas Tech:
- Baltimore FS Earl Thomas: 95
- Baltimore K Justin Tucker: 87
- San Francisco WR Marquise Goodwin: 83
- Seattle P Michael Dickson: 83
- Tennessee SS Kenny Vaccaro: 81
- Arizona LB Jordan Hicks: 80
- LA Chargers SS Adrian Phillips: 77
- Detroit SS Quandre Diggs: 77
- Kansas City DE Alex Okafor: 76
- New Orleans DT Malcom Brown: 73
- Jacksonville TE Geoff Swaim: 73
- Houston RB D’Onta Foreman: 73
- LA Rams RB Malcolm Brown: 72
- Dallas OL Connor Williams: 71
- Minnesota DB Holton Hill: 71
- Seattle DT Poona Ford: 71
- Cincinnati LB Malik Jefferson: 68
- Indianapolis WR Marcus Johnson: 67
- Philadelphia DT Hassan Ridgeway: 66
- Baltimore FS DeShon Elliott: 65
- New Orleans WR Lil’Jordan Humphrey: 64
- Cincinnati OL Trey Hopkins: 63
- Minnesota CB Duke Thomas: 63
- Washington QB Colt McCoy: 62
- Houston LB Charles Omenihu: 62
- Minnesota CB Kris Boyd: 61
- Oakland RB Chris Warren III: 60
- NY Jets OL Calvin Anderson: 55
News on Bevo Beat is free and unlimited. Access to the rest of Hookem.com is included with an Austin American-Statesman subscription in addition to Statesman.com and the ePaper edition. Subscribe today at statesman.com/subscribe.