Texas has announced the schedule for its annual alumni game, which will be held at UFCU Disch-Falk Field on Feb. 1.
The first pitch of the Longhorn Network-televised game will be thrown at 3:30 p.m. The alumni will battle a current crop of Longhorns for four innings before the scrimmage turns into an intrasquad battle. Former UT pitchers do not usually throw in the event.
A dozen alumni are scheduled to be in attendance. That list includes Ryan Reynolds and Blair Henley, who were both on Texas’ roster last year:
- Washington C Tres Barrera
- Toronto 1B Kacy Clemens
- Detroit 2B Kody Clemens
- Colorado LHP Ty Culbreth
- Los Angeles Angels INF Zane Gurwitz
- Houston RHP Blair Henley
- Kansas City INF Travis Jones
- Toronto UTIL Andy McGuire
- Cincinnati OF Mark Payton
- Chicago Cubs INF Ryan Reynolds
- Los Angeles Angels RHP Parker Joe Robinson
- Boston RHP Chase Shugart
The alumni game is a part of Texas’ Fan Appreciation Day. Those festivities — which include an autograph session and an opportunity for kids to run the bases — begin at 10 a.m.