Last week, 29 of Texas’ former football players received their ratings for the annual Madden video game.
For the second straight year, Earl Thomas was the highest-rated of UT’s NFL representatives while Calvin Anderson was the lowest. Thomas did lose seven points from the score he had in the video game’s 2019 edition. But with 88 points, he still edged fellow former Longhorn and current Baltimore teammate Justin Tucker.
The largest riser of the Longhorns in Madden NFL 21 was Charles Omenihu, who is entering his second year on Houston’s defensive line. Given a rating of 62 as a rookie, Omenihu’s personal score jumped 10 points this year. Meanwhile, Cincinnati offensive lineman Trey Hopkins gained five points. Seattle defensive lineman Poona Ford received a four-point bump.
The three Longhorns taken in the 2020 NFL Draft also received their first Madden ratings. With a score of 71, new Baltimore receiver Devin Duvernay received top billing in UT’s Class of 2020.
Below is a list of how the former Longhorns have been rated in Madden NFL 21. The game will be made available to the public on Aug. 28:
- Baltimore FS Earl Thomas: 88
- Baltimore K Justin Tucker: 87
- Seattle P Michael Dickson: 80
- Seattle FS Quandre Diggs: 80
- Philadelphia WR Marquise Goodwin: 78
- New England FS Adrian Phillips: 78
- Tennessee SS Kenny Vaccaro: 78
- Kansas City DE Alex Okafor: 76
- Arizona MLB Jordan Hicks: 76
- LA Rams RB Malcolm Brown: 75
- Seattle DT Poona Ford: 75
- New Orleans DT Malcom Brown: 72
- Houston DE Charles Omenihu: 72
- Dallas OL Connor Williams: 71
- Minnesota CB Holton Hill: 71
- Baltimore WR Devin Duvernay: 71
- Indianapolis WR Marcus Johnson: 70
- LA Chargers OLB Malik Jefferson: 68
- Philadelphia DT Hassan Ridgeway: 68
- Miami FS Brandon Jones: 68
- Cincinnati OL Trey Hopkins: 68
- Baltimore FS DeShon Elliott: 67
- Jacksonville WR Collin Johnson: 67
- New Orleans WR Lil’Jordan Humphrey: 64
- Arizona CB Duke Thomas: 64
- Minnesota CB Kris Boyd: 62
- NY Giants QB Colt McCoy: 61
- Denver TE Andrew Beck: 61
- Denver OL Calvin Anderson: 55
News on Bevo Beat is free and unlimited. Access to the rest of Hookem.com is included with an Austin American-Statesman subscription in addition to Statesman.com and the ePaper edition. Subscribe today at statesman.com/subscribe.